We know how busy students can get. Some semesters, you aren’t even sure when you’ll have time to sleep. But we also know that our students are highly motivated to be involved in their communities. That’s where SERVE Local comes in.
The SERVE Local program connects JSC students with volunteer opportunities around Lamoille County that don’t require a long-term commitment. Students may volunteer for events and organizations throughout the academic year: for one day, one weekend or, if you do have the time, ongoing.
SERVE Local is a great way to get involved, meet other students, and get to know the greater community. Here are just some of the recent events that SERVE Local participants have helped with:
- Weekly Free Community Meal in Johnson
- Collecting food and working at the Johnson Food Shelf
- Howard Center Curling Challenge
- Relay for Life
- Stowe Derby
- Campus Red Cross Blood Drive
- Annual Drop-and-Swap
- Mardi Gras in Burlington (to benefit HOPE Works programs to end sexual violence)
Stop by the SERVE Office (Room 408 in the Stearns Student Center) to see how you can get involved!