Whether you’ve got a bad cold, a nasty cough, or some concerns about your health in general, the friendly and professional staff at the JSC Health Center is here for you! We are dedicated to promoting and improving the health and well-being of the JSC community, and invite you to make an appointment to talk to us in a safe and encouraging environment. (Walk-ins are welcome, too!)
For medical emergencies, call 911. Emergency medical services are available at Copley Hospital in Morrisville.
Services We Offer
- Care for minor injuries and illnesses
- Physical exams
- Sports clearance exams
- Reproductive and sexual health care for men and women
- Pregnancy tests
- Medication management and prescriptions (as deemed appropriate by the provider)
- Referrals to other health care providers when necessary
- Wellness consultations
Additionally, the Health Center offers birth control for students at reduced rates:
- Birth control pills: $15
- Plan B: $15
- Free Condoms
Illness and injury may occasionally impact a student’s ability to attend class or to complete assignments. Students in this situation are urged to notify their instructors immediately when an illness or injury prevents them from attending a class or completing work. The Health Center does not provide written medical excuses for class absences. Students may request documentation to verify the date and time they were seen at the Health Center, but no further information will be provided. Students are responsible for making up all work missed.
This approach allows for students, as young adults, to advocate for themselves and take responsibility for their health and academics. This also encourages instructors to communicate directly with students if concerns arise.
About Nurse Practitioners
The Health Center employs a nurse practitioner. A nurse practitioner (NP) is a registered nurse (RN) with advanced education and clinical training. Nurse Practitioners consult with physicians and other health care providers when needed.
Nurse practitioners can:
- Perform physical exams
- Diagnose and treat acute illnesses and injuries
- Diagnose, treat and monitor chronic problems such as asthma
- Perform, order and interpret diagnostic tests
- Prescribe medications
- Provide immunizations and other preventive health care
- Provide health education and counseling
- Promote positive health behaviors
- Collaborate with other health care professionals
- Refer patients to other providers as necessary
The Health Center is staffed by employees of Copley Professional Services Group, Inc. and operates on a fee-for-service basis.
Most health insurances are accepted. However, those with managed care plans are advised to obtain prior authorization from their primary care provider before using the Health Center.
- JSC Student Health Form
- Immunization Requirements
- Health Information Release Form (must be submitted in writing)
Submit forms to the Health Center via:
Mail: Johnson State College Health Center, 337 College Hill, Johnson, VT 05656
Hours & Location
- The Health Center is located on the 1st floor of Senators Hall.
- Reception Hours:
- Monday-Thursday 9 a.m.-noon and 1 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Friday 9 a.m.-noon
- Provider Hours:
- Monday-Thursday 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- The Health Center is closed during breaks and summer vacation.