Whether you’ve got a bad cold, a nasty cough, or some concerns about your health in general, the friendly and professional staff at the JSC Health Center is here for you! We are dedicated to promoting and improving the health and well-being of the JSC community, and invite you to make an appointment to talk to us in a safe and encouraging environment. (Walk-ins are welcome, too!)
Services We Offer
- Care for minor injuries and illnesses
- Physical exams
- Sports clearance exams
- Reproductive and sexual health care for men and women
- Pregnancy testing
- Health screens and blood tests
- Medication management and prescriptions
- Consultations for:
- Nutrition and weight issues
- Drug and alcohol use
- Smoking cessation
Additionally, the Health Center offers birth control for students at reduced rates:
- Birth control pills: $15
- Plan B: $15
- Free Condoms
About Nurse Practitioners
The Health Center employs a nurse practitioner. A nurse practitioner (NP) is a registered nurse (RN) with advanced education and clinical training. Nurse Practitioners consult with physicians and other health care providers when needed.
Nurse Practitioners can:
- Perform physical exams
- Diagnose and treat acute illnesses and injuries
- Diagnose, treat and monitor chronic problems such as asthma
- Perform, order and interpret diagnostic tests
- Prescribe medications
- Provide immunizations and other preventive health care
- Provide health education and counseling
- Promote positive health behaviors
- Collaborate with other health care professionals
- Refer patients to other providers as necessary
The Health Center is staffed by employees of Copley Professional Services Group, Inc. and operates on a fee-for-service basis.
Most health insurances are accepted. However, those with managed care plans are advised to obtain prior authorization from their primary care provider before using the Health Center.
Hours & Location
- The Health Center is located on the 1st floor of Senators Hall.
- We are open Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. and in the afternoons from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., Mondays- Thursdays
- The Health Center is closed during breaks and summer vacation.