August 10, 2016
At the end of July, the Vermont State Colleges Board of Trustees approved Chancellor Jeb Spaulding’s proposal to explore the possibility of unifying the administrative structures and other aspects of Johnson State and Lyndon State colleges.
Regional and national media also covered the news. Here is a selection of articles and news clips:
- Lyndon, Johnson State Colleges to Consolidate Administrations (VT Digger)
- Johnson, Lyndon State Colleges to Merge (WCAX)
- Proposal to Unify Lyndon State and Johnson State College Moves Forward (Newport Dispatch)
- Merger Proposed for Johnson State and Lyndon State Colleges (Seven Days)
- Vermont’s Merger Map (Inside HigherEd)
- Johnson State Merger with Lyndon Makes Sense (Stowe Reporter)
- Unification not ‘Merger’ for LSC, JSC (Caledonian Record)
And Chancellor Spaulding also appeared on VPR’s Vermont Edition to discuss the proposal. Listen here.