November 22, 2015
Johnson State College has joined #GivingTuesday, a global day of giving that harnesses the collective power of individuals, communities and organizations to encourage philanthropy and to celebrate generosity worldwide.
Occurring this year on Dec. 1, #GivingTuesday is held annually on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, as well as Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping, to kick off the holiday giving season and inspire people to collaborate in improving their local communities and to give to charities and causes.
“We are excited to use this global day of giving to launch our new Badger for a Lifetime Campaign, which will run from Giving Tuesday 2015 through Giving Tuesday 2016. The goal of the campaign is to raise $200,000 for JSC’s Annual Fund,” said Lauren Philie, JSC’s director of development and alumni relations.
In order to support high-impact education at the college, Johnson State is asking alumni, friends, parents, faculty and staff to join them in making a difference in the lives of their students. And here’s an added incentive: Once they raise $1,000, Dave Bergh, dean of student life and college relations, will match it with a $1,000 donation.
Those who are interested in joining Johnson State’s #GivingTuesday initiative can visit the online site, which will be open for participation on Dec. 1.
There are many other ways to participate on Dec. 1:
Make a donation of any amount by:
Answer the phone if you are called by a student during the phonathon that evening. It’s a one-night only event so they are counting on you to answer the phone and help them meet their goal.
Participate on social media by:
- Posting an #unselfie. Take a picture of yourself holding a sign stating why you give, post it on Facebook or Instagram and tag it #badger4life and #GivingTuesday
- Sharing the new “Why I give” video from the JSC Facebook page.
- Visiting JSC’s Facebook page and share the Giving Tuesday related posts.
If you live near campus, visit the Alumni Office’s Open House between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. You can:
- Participate in the “change war.”
- Take an “unselfie.” We’ll take your photo holding a sign stating why you give and post it on social media.
- Watch the new “Why I give” drone video.
- Enjoy coffee, hot chocolate and refreshments.