The arts are growing at JSC. The 2010-11 academic year witnessed a number of enhancements to the visual arts at JSC, including:
- The design and installation of a Media Arts Research Studio (commonly referred to as the MARS Lab)
- The addition of a fifth full-time professor, Sean Clute, specializing in the digital arts
- The creation of a digital-arts concentration within the BFA program
- Expanded exhibition space on campus, including a new sculpture garden
- An ever-increasing number of students pursuing the visual arts, with enrollment at capacity for the available studio space.
Renovating the VAC
In summer 2011, JSC broke ground for a major renovation and addition to the Visual Arts Center, adding 4,500 square feet to the building. At long last, there will be ample space — state-of-the-art space — for the studio arts, including drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking, photography, digital media, jewelry/metalsmithing, and ceramics.
There are new studios, new classrooms, new community space, two student galleries and much more. It will mark the first addition of space to campus since the construction of JSC’s Library & Learning Center 14 years ago. Johnson State College is launching the Visual Arts Campaign to support the arts at JSC and continue to invest in the many enhancements this exciting new facility will bring to our fine arts program.
We Need Your Help!
We invite gifts from alumni, friends and community members in support of any or all of these areas:
- VAC Naming Opportunities
Funds will be used to furnish and equip the new Visual Arts Center studios.
- Visual Arts Annual Fund
Funds will support BFA and MFA exhibits, travel and scholarships.
- The VAC/Senesac Endowment
Interest from planned gifts to establish new endowments or add to the Senesac Endowment, which supports scholarships, equipment, exhibits, faculty/student travel and related activities.
- The MFA Scholarship Fund
Contributions will support students with great talent and significant financial need.