What is Giving Tuesday?
On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 JSC is participating in a special philanthropy day – #GivingTuesday, a 24- hour fundraising event held on the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving that brings together volunteers, donors, and communities around a cause. At JSC this cause is support of our college mission of high-impact education.
We are asking all Johnson State alumni, friends, parents, faculty, and staff to join us in making a difference in the lives of our students. And here’s an added incentive: if we raise $1,000, Business & Economics Professor Jim Black, will match it with a $1,000 donation to support our students!
What Will My Donation Benefit?
While we are looking to primarily benefit Johnson State College’s Annual Fund, which supports the areas of greatest need on campus, you are welcome to make a donation to the fund or program of your choice.
How Can I Participate?
Make an online donation or call the Alumni Office at 802-635-1251 to give over the phone.
Alums, be sure to answer the phone on Tuesday evening, as we’ll be running a one-night-only Phone-a-Thon where we’re fundraising, updating alumni directory information and collecting class news for the next issue of Johnson Views.
If you’re on campus, you can also:
- Request a donation pick up.
- Visit the Alumni Office Open House (in Martinetti) to grab refreshments and drop off your check or payroll deduction form.
- Participate in the change war! Students, faculty, and staff will battle each other by dropping their change in the appropriate bucket, located in the following places:
- Fireplace Lounge, Stearns (11:30 a.m. -1:30 p.m. only)
- Alumni Office, Martinetti (until 8:30 p.m.)
- TRIO office, Dewey Front desk
- Cafe, Stearns Student Center
- CES Office, Arthur Hall (student bucket only)
- Circulation desk, Willey LLC
Spread the word via social media! Here’s how to you can do it:
- Post an #unselfie: Take a picture of yourself holding a sign stating why you give and tag it #badger4life and #GivingTuesday
- Share the new video from the JSC Facebook page.
- Share the posts you see on the JSC Facebook pages.
What’s In It For Me?
Well, this is a day about giving, not receiving, BUT we do have some surprises in store for you, including:
- Faculty and staff who make a new gift or increase their payroll deduction gift will be entered into a raffle to win a bag of fabulous prizes!
- Everyone who gives on campus will receive a cool sticker and is welcome to join us in the Alumni Office at any time for refreshments and excellent company.