What is Giving Tuesday?
On Tuesday, November 28, 2017 JSC is participating in a special philanthropy day – #GivingTuesday, a 24- hour fundraising event held on the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving that brings together volunteers, donors, and communities around a cause. At JSC this cause is support of our college mission of high-impact education.
We are asking all Johnson State alumni, friends, parents, faculty, and staff to join us in making a difference in the lives of our students. And here’s an added incentive: if we raise $1,000, Business & Economics Professor Jim Black, will match it with a $1,000 donation to support our students!
What Will My Donation Benefit?
While we are looking to primarily benefit Johnson State College’s Annual Fund, which supports the areas of greatest need on campus, you are welcome to make a donation to the fund or program of your choice.
How Can I Participate?
Make an online donation or call the Alumni Office at 802-635-1251 to give over the phone.
Alums, be sure to answer the phone on Tuesday evening, as we’ll be running a one-night-only Phone-a-Thon where we’re fundraising, updating alumni directory information and collecting class news for the next issue of Johnson Views.
If you’re on campus, you can also:
- Request a donation pick up.
- Visit the Alumni Office Open House (in Martinetti) to grab refreshments and drop off your check or payroll deduction form.
- Participate in the giving war! Students, faculty, and staff will battle each other by dropping dollars and cents in the appropriate bucket, located in the following places:
- Fireplace Lounge, Stearns (11:30 a.m. -1:30 p.m. only)
- Alumni Office, Martinetti (until 8:30 p.m.)
- TRIO office, Dewey Front desk
- Cafe, Stearns Student Center
- CES Office, Arthur Hall (student bucket only)
- Circulation desk, Willey LLC
- Join us for the following events on campus:
- Open House/Giving Tuesday Celebration in the alumni office from 8:30 a.m. -4:30 p.m. Bagels, donuts, hot chocolate and coffee will be served in the morning and we’ll have cookies, hot chocolate and coffee in the afternoon.
- Giving War in Stearns at lunch. We’ll have stickers to hand out, an Instagram frame and a polaroid camera along with our Badger mascot!
- Basketball and Giving Tuesday Reception. Meet up for appetizers and drinks from 4:30-6:00 in the Stearns Performance Place to get pumped for the basketball game and celebrate our Giving Tuesday success.
- JSC Badgers vs Castleton Spartans Basketball game! Join us in SHAPE to cheer on the Badgers and enter our 50/50 raffle.
Spread the word via social media! Here’s how to you can do it:
- Become a #GivingTuesday social media ambassador! Read the tool kit here: Social Media Tookit
- Post your #Badger4Life Story: Share why you love Johnson and why you’re a #Badger4Life this #GivingTuesday with the link to give: jsc.edu/give
- Share the new Giving Tuesday video from the JSC Facebook page.
- Share the posts you see on the JSC Facebook pages.