Come for a visit on one of our Fall Instant Decision Days, and leave campus with an admission decision! While you’re here, you’ll have an opportunity to tour our scenic hilltop campus and facilities; talk with JSC students, faculty and staff; and learn about financial aid and the programs and services we provide to support your success as a student at Johnson State College. Lunch is on us, too!
Here’s what to do before you arrive on campus in order to get an on-the-spot decision:
- Complete the online Common Application.
- Arrange to have your official high school transcript (or your G.E.D. scores), including your senior-year grades, sent to us — or bring the document(s) with you in an officially sealed envelope.
- Bring or submit in advance a letter of recommendation from a counselor, teacher or other professional who knows you well.
- If you’ve taken the SAT or ACT tests (which are now optional), please arrange to have your scores sent to us.
- If you are applying as a Music, Musical Theater or Music Performance & Music Education major, submit a recorded audition. Please refer to the Audition Guidelines for instructions and a link to the audition application.
Questions? We’re here to help!
Contact the Admissions Office by email or phone at 800-635-2356 or 802-635-1219.
Email: Admissions@jsc.edu Call: 800-635-2356 (802-635-1219 locally)
Here’s What to Bring
To receive an admission decision on the day of your visit, please submit a complete online application at least two days before your visit. You also may fill out a copy of the Common Application by downloading the PDF version from the web. Bring it with your other required documents, which are:
- Your essay
- A letter of recommendation
- JSC supplements (part of the Common Application)
- Your official high school transcript or G.E.D. scores
- Your SAT or ACT test scores (optional)
Note: If you are a transfer student, please bring an official college transcript in lieu of a high school transcript.