Apply for Aid by These Priority Deadlines
To be eligible for federal and state financial aid, you will need to complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by our priority dates:
March 1: New students
May 1: Returning students
Federal financial aid applications are available after October 1 for the upcoming academic year. Submit your FAFSA on or before the dates above to be considered an “on-time” applicant. After these dates, awards will be based on availability of funds.
Simplify the Financial Aid Application Process
- Create an FSA ID to electronically sign your FAFSA. Parents of dependent students will also need to create an FSA ID. Apply for an FSA ID here.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) for student and parent 2016 federal tax information.
- Be sure to provide our “Federal School Code” 003688 in the required section on the FAFSA. Your information will then be forwarded to the Student Financial Services Office by the Federal Processor.
- Vermont residents should apply for a state grant online at www.vsac.org. Non-residents should inquire within their own state Higher Education Agency.
Contact the Student Financial Services Office
Office: (802)635-1671 Fax: (802)635-1248
Johnson State College
Student Financial Services Office
337 College Hill
Johnson, VT 05656-9464