College is a significant investment of time and money, but study after study indicates that the return on this investment is well worth it. At Johnson State College, we’re proud to be one of the most affordable small colleges in the U.S.
In addition to a offering a manageable tuition rate for both in-state and out-of-state students, Johnson State College offers a range of options to help make a JSC degree financially attainable. These include:
- The Good Neighbor Award: This award provides a significant tuition discount over eight semesters to undergraduate students from Canada (all provinces), New York state, and certain counties in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Learn more about this award.
- The New England Award: This award provides the same tuition discount to students from other New England states who enroll in particular majors. The majors and the associated home states are determined by the New England Board of Higher Education. View the most recent list of eligible majors and home-state requirements
- Merit Scholarships are automatically awarded to first-year and transfer students based on on academic achievement. They may be renewed each year and, like all scholarships, are grants that are not repaid. View the Merit Scholarships available from JSC.
- Other JSC grants and scholarships are awarded to new and continuing students based on program of study, financial need and other criteria. Links are available here.
- Federal student loans
- College employment through the federal work-study program