Health insurance is mandatory for all full-time undergraduate and graduate students not otherwise covered by a plan. In other words, if you are registered for at least 12 credits (undergraduate students) or 9 credits (graduate students), you MUST either accept the college insurance or certify your existing coverage by the stated deadline. Here’s how:
- Returning Students: On your MyJSC Portal landing page, go to the Web Services section (lower right), click on “Student Billing/Financials” and then choose “Student Health Insurance.”
- New Undergraduate Students: You will complete this step as part of your online “New Student Checklist — It’s Required Business” Moodle course.
Important Information About Student Health Insurance
- Students unable to certify that they have health insurance by September 30, 2015, are automatically enrolled in the college health insurance plan.
- No refunds are possible after this date.
- Part-time students (undergraduates taking fewer than 12 credits; graduate students taking fewer than 9 credits) are not eligible for the college health insurance plan.
- For the 2015-15 academic year, the cost of this plan is $1,940.
- The full amount is billed in the fall.
- The college health insurance plan starts August 15 and remains in effect till August 14 of the following year.
- If you are a full-time student (taking at least 12 credits if an undergraduate or 9 credits if a graduate student) and have your own health insurance, you must waive the college insurance option online by September 30, 2015, or you will be billed $1,940.