Health insurance is mandatory for all full-time undergraduate and graduate students not otherwise covered. In other words, if you are registered for 12 or more credits, you MUST either accept the college insurance or certify your existing coverage through the health insurance link in Web Services (located on your portal home page under the Student Billing/Financials link). You will not be able to do this until you have registered for classes.
Important Information About Student Health Insurance
- Students unable to certify that they have health insurance by January 5, 2015 are automatically enrolled in the student health insurance plan.
- No refunds are available after this date.
- Students with fewer than 12 credits are not eligible for the college health insurance plan.
- For the spring 2015 semester, the cost of this health insurance plan is $1,342.
- If you are a full-time student (12 or more credits) and have your own health insurance, you must waive the VSC insurance option online by January 5, 2015 or you will be billed $1,342.