Our small classes, tight-knit community, supportive faculty and staff, outstanding academic opportunities, scenic campus and focus on career exploration and development starting your first year are just some of the things that make Johnson State an attractive option for transfer students. We work hard to make sure the process of transferring to JSC simple, smooth and hassle-free.
Transfer Student Options
Johnson State College offers two options for transfer students:
JSC Online: This 100% online degree-completion program is for students with 45 or more college credits seeking to complete a bachelor’s degree. We offer five majors at an in-state tuition rate no matter where you live in the U.S. Learn more about JSC Online here
JSC In Your Community: JSC’s External Degree Program (EDP) is our statewide, degree-completion program for students with 60 or more college credits seeking to complete a bachelor’s degree. Six majors are available statewide — by taking online courses, attending weekend classes in one of four Vermont communities, or taking a combination of online and weekend classes — or you can earn any B.A., B.S. or B.F.A. degree available at JSC if you’re able to attend class on campus in Johnson. Learn more about EDP here
Campus-based Option: This is the most popular choice of students who are within a few years of high school graduation and enrolling full time. As a campus-based transfer student, you’ll take classes on the JSC campus in Johnson, Vermont. Housing options include living in one of the residence halls on campus or, if you meet eligibility requirements, the College Apartments or in off-campus housing in the local community.
To Apply for Admission as a JSC Online Student
- Complete an online application for admission form
- Send JSC an official college transcript demonstrating completion of at least 45 credits and GPA of at least 2.0
To Apply for Admission as an EDP Student
Learn about the program and the application process, and contact us for more information or assistance.
To Apply for Admission As a Campus-Based Transfer Student
- Complete and submit our transfer student application for admission.
- Provide the following required materials:
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges you have attended;
- A Mid-term Grade Report if you’re currently enrolled elsewhere and have not completed the current semester;
- A letter of recommendation, preferably from an academic advisor or professor;
- A completed College Official’s Report; and
- An official final high school transcript or GED scores if you are transferring fewer than 18 credits.
If you are a non-U.S. applicant, you also need to provide:
- Submit required academic credentials. These include academic records in the original languages as well as a certified English translation.
- Take and submit your scores from a test to demonstrate proficiency in the English language.
- Submit financial documentation equal to at least one year’s expenses.
Send support documentation by mail to: Admissions Office, Johnson State College, 337 College Hill, Johnson, VT 05656.