Johnson State College is a welcoming and supportive community for students from all over the world. We’re happy that you are considering pursuing your college education with us, and we look forward to working with you.
Please complete the following steps so that we can evaluate your application:
- Complete and submit an application.
- Submit the required academic credentials. These include academic records in the original languages as well as a certified English translation.
- Take and submit your scores from an approved test to demonstrate proficiency in the English language.
- Submit financial documentation equal to at least one year’s expenses.
- Submit one letter of recommendation if applying for undergraduate admission, or three letters of recommendation if applying to a graduate program.)
- Submit one writing sample.
The Admission Process
We must receive all of the above materials before we can evaluate your application. Once we receive all required materials, we will evaluate your application and notify you of our decision within three to four weeks. Upon acceptance to Johnson State College, you will need to pay a $200 tuition deposit to hold your spot.
F-1 Student Visa Documentation
International applicants admitted to JSC will receive an official letter of acceptance and, upon payment of the $200 deposit, a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20). You will need both of these documents in order to apply for an F-1 student visa at the U.S. embassy in your country.
For more information about obtaining a student visa, visit the U.S. Department of State website. Information about other immigration-related topics may be obtained from the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services website.
Please contact Elga Gruner, associate director of admissions and international admissions coordinator, by email or by calling 1-802-635-2356.
Our Mailing Address
Office of Admissions
Johnson State College
337 College Hill
Johnson, VT 05656