Johnson State College is a welcoming and supportive community for students from all over the world, and we’re happy that you are considering pursuing your college education with us. We look forward to working with you!
Please complete the following steps so that we can evaluate your application:
- Complete and submit an application.
- Submit required academic credentials. These include academic records in the original languages as well as a certified English translation.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the English language by submitting an official TOEFL score report. (Our institutional code for the TOEFL is 3766.)
- Submit financial documentation equal to at least one year’s expenses.
- Submit one letter of recommendation. (Three letters of recommendation are required for students applying to a graduate program.)
- Submit one writing sample.
We cannot evaluate your application until we receive all of the above documentation.
When the Office of Admissions receives your completed application and supporting documentation, you will be notified of our decision within three to four weeks.
If you are admitted to Johnson State College, a $300 tuition deposit is required to guarantee your space for that academic year. We will not issue the I-20 Certificate of Eligibility until your deposit has been recieved.
F-1 Student Visa Documentation
International applicants admitted to JSC, and who have provided the required financial certification and documentation, will receive an official letter of acceptance to JSC, Certificate of Eligibility (I-20), and the original copy of the Certification of Finances, from Johnson State College.
You will need these documents to apply to your U.S. embassy for an F-1 student visa.
For more information about obtaining a student visa, visit The Department of State website
For other immigration-related topics, visit the US Citizenship and Immigration Services website at www.uscis.gov.
Elga Gruner, M.Ed.
Assistant Director of Admissions
International Admissions Coordinator
Office of Admissions
Johnson State College
337 College Hill
Johnson, VT 05656