Johnson State College offers rigor and flexibility to help graduate students advance professionally and personally. To apply for admission to any of our graduate programs, submit the appropriate application and other required documentation. Click on the appropriate link below to access the application that applies to you.
If you have difficulty accessing the online application form, contact the Office of Graduate Admissions by email or by phone (802-635-1244 or 800-635-2356 toll free).
Requirements vary depending on the program to which you are applying; specifics are noted on the application. In general, however, all graduate programs require the following in addition to the application:
- An official transcript from all previous colleges and/or universities attended
- Three recommendations from professors or other professionals who know the quality of your preparation or who can attest to your character and skills
- A two-page essay stating why you are interested in graduate study
- An interview with a JSC faculty member after receipt of all required materials
If you are a non-U.S. applicant, you also need to provide:
- Financial documentation for immigration purposes equal to one year’s expenses (see the Financial Documentation form)
- If English is not your native language, scores from your Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Pearson tests. Specific requirements are listed here; see also www.ets.org for more information.