If you aren’t quite ready to declare a major, you’re in good company. Many new JSC students are undecided about a major or are uncertain about the choices they have made. Do you identify with any of the following?
- You have multiple interests
- You have multiple abilities
- You don’t want to close academic doors too quickly
- You are curious by nature
- You are considering several different majors
- You have a career in mind but aren’t sure which major is right
- You have no idea what you want to major in!
Don’t be discouraged! These aren’t obstacles, but opportunities to explore and discover. Your first year of college is an ideal time to find out about your options, take a variety of courses, and get involved with campus activities. What’s important is that you be active in the exploration process, and the advisors in the JSC Advising and Career Center are here to help. Get active today and find the path that’s right for you!
Explore and Connect
In addition to providing individual advising on choosing the right major, we also offer a one-credit class called “Explore and Connect” to assist students who are also exploring major options. This fun, collaborative class will help you you identify your strengths and interests, learn about JSC’s majors and how they relate to career possibilities, and benefit from specialized academic advising to help you reach your goals.