Among the minimum 120 credits required for a bachelor’s degree, EDP students must earn at least 60 credits in liberal arts that include the following General Education courses. Some previously earned credits may meet these requirements. Talk with your EDP Advisor to understand how they might apply.
Quantitative Analysis (3 cr.)
Rhetorical Expression (ENG 1220, 3 cr.)
- A writing course with extensive one-on-one tutorials that must be taken through EDP.
Integrated Knowledge Areas
IHR: Individual & Human Relationships (6 cr.)
- English literature or writing
- Other courses with a focus on understanding self and others
SHR: Social & Historical Relationships (6 cr.)
- Political science
- Other courses focusing on social institutions, movements and problems past and present, with at least three credits that emphasize an historical perspective.
EWR: Environmental & World Relationships (7 cr.)
- Sciences (includes):
- At least four credits must use or study scientific method and include a field study or lab.
UPR: Universal & Philosophical Relationships (6 cr.)
- At least three credits in a field such as:
- Religious studies
- Aesthetic or symbolic theory