Finish Online or in Your Community
If you have 60 or more college credits, JSC’s External Degree Program is for you. EDP is Vermont’s most flexible and convenient bachelor’s-degree-completion program. We’ve helped thousands of Vermonters finish what they started and earn a bachelor’s degree. With classes online and in communities throughout Vermont, EDP brings the best of Johnson State College to you.
We Meet You Where You Are
EDP makes maximum use of transfer credits and offers a variety of learning options and degree programs. You can take classes online or on weekends, and even complete some courses in seven weeks or just two intensive weekends -– all for some of the lowest tuition you’ll find in Vermont. With one-on-one advising, credit for life experience, and the option to design your own program in Professional Studies — focused in business, psychology, alternative medicine and more — it’s the perfect fit for people who need to juggle work and family responsibilities with their studies.
Six Degree Options
- Business (B.A.) — available entirely online
- Childhood Education (B.A.)
- Interdisciplinary Studies (B.A.)
- Professional Studies (B.A.)— available entirely online
- Psychology (B.A.)
- Wellness & Alternative Medicine (B.A.) Learn more about our degree programs. Note: Additional programs are available to students able to take classes on campus in Johnson, Vermont.
We Keep Things Flexible
You can take classes online or attend classes on weekends in four Vermont communities — Montpelier, Rutland, St. Albans or Winooski — or mix it up and do a combination. Options include:
- Online courses: 15- and 7-week options
- Weekend courses that meet 4 Saturdays or 4 Sundays during the semester
- Hybrid courses — part online, part in class
- Intensive courses — complete in just 2 full weekends!
- “Winterim” courses completed between the fall and spring semesters
We provide academic support, accommodations and expert advising to help you succeed. Learn more about advising & support for EDP students.
Tuition & Aid
We keep EDP affordable so you can ﬁt the program into your life — and your budget. Find out how you can afford JSC’s External Degree Program