Take Classes Online or in Your Community
If you have 60 or more college credits, JSC’s External Degree Program is for you. EDP is Vermont’s most flexible and convenient bachelor’s-degree-completion program. We’ll apply your existing college credits to our degree programs so you get the most value from your prior learning, and we’ll even help you get credit for life experience!
We’ve helped thousands of Vermonters finish what they started and earn their bachelor’s degree. With classes online and in communities throughout Vermont, personalized advising and the option to design your own degree program, EDP brings the best of Johnson State College to you.
We Meet You Where You Are
EDP is the perfect fit for people who need to juggle work and family responsibilities with their studies. You can take classes online or on weekends, and even complete some courses in seven weeks or just two intensive weekends -– all for some of the lowest tuition you’ll find in Vermont.
EDP Degree Options
- Professional Studies (B.A., self-designed)
- Business (B.A., accounting or management concentration)
- Psychology (B.A.)
- Interdisciplinary Studies (B.A., self-designed)
- Childhood Education (B.A., with licensure options)
- Wellness & Alternative Medicine (B.S.)
NOTE: Additional degree programs are available to students who can take classes at JSC in Johnson, Vermont.
We Keep Things Flexible
You can take classes online or attend classes on weekends in four Vermont communities — Montpelier, Rutland, St. Albans or Winooski — or mix it up and do a combination. Options include:
- Online courses: 15- and 7-week options
- Weekend courses that meet 4 Saturdays or 4 Sundays during the semester
- Hybrid courses — part online, part in class
- Intensive courses — complete in just 2 full weekends!
- “Winterim” courses completed between the fall and spring semesters
We provide academic support, accommodations and expert advising to help you succeed. Learn more about advising & support for EDP students.
Tuition & Aid
We keep EDP affordable so you can ﬁt the program into your life — and your budget. Find out how you can afford JSC’s External Degree Program