$40,000 Scholarships for Biology & Environmental Science Majors
Planning to major in biology or environmental science? If you’ve got the grades, the aptitude and the desire and enthusiasm to play an active role in your science education at Johnson State College, we may have a START Science Scholarship waiting here for you.
Overview of the JSC START Scholarship
- The scholarship is funded by a major five-year grant from the National Science Foundation
- Qualified START scholars can receive up to $40,000 over four years
Who Qualifies for a START Scholarship?
To qualify you must:
- Have a minimum 3.0 grade point average
- Have no more than 60 college credits
- Demonstrate financial need as documented on your FAFSA (loans count!)
Benefits of Being a START Scholar
In addition to receiving up to $40,000 to cover tuition, as a START scholar you receive many other benefits, including:
- Ongoing opportunities to conduct research and gather field samples alongside faculty and other START students
- Intensive faculty mentoring
- Ongoing opportunities to build your professional networks by attending and presenting at professional conferences
- Opportunities to build a strong portfolio of work
- Structured learning communities
- Focused academic and career advising
- Numerous opportunities to meet and connect with leading scientists and policymakers who speak on campus as part of our Environmental & Health Sciences Lecture Series
Most other colleges reserve these kinds of experiences for graduate students — but START scholars dig right in starting their very first year at JSC.
How to Apply
If you think you’ve got what it takes and want to learn more, download the START Science Scholarship application guidelines and apply today, or contact Dr. Leslie Kanat at email@example.com or 802-635-1327 for more information.
START Science Scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis, as applications are received and reviewed, and as funds are available. Apply early for the best opportunity.