Diverse and challenging programs. Research and learning opportunities on par with those at leading academic and research institutions. State-of-the-art laboratories and equipment. Small classes led by faculty with a wealth of expertise and experience. A focus on teamwork and hands-on, experiential learning. All of this and more awaits you in the Department of Environmental & Health Sciences.
Tour Our Facilities
Bentley Hall, home to our science laboratories, classrooms and faculty offices, underwent major renovations in 2011. Take a video tour!
- Biology: Field Naturalist (B.A.)
- Biology: General (B.S.)
- Biology: Pre-Med (B.S.)
- Environmental Science: Analysis & Assessment (B.S.)
- Environmental Science: Policy & Advocacy (B.S.)
- Health Sciences: Health & Exercise Science (B.S.)
- Health Sciences:Pre-Physical Therapy (B.S.)
- Health Sciences: Physical Education (B.S.)
- Outdoor Education: Adventure Education & Wilderness Leadership (B.A.)
- Outdoor Education: Environmental Education (B.A.)
- Teacher endorsement in Science (7-12)
- Teacher endorsement in Physical Education (K-12)
The Student Experience
As an EHS science student, you will be immersed in research, clinical studies, and field work. You’ll help with research every step of the way, from collecting samples to presenting your findings at national conferences. You might even land a summer job as a paid research assistant in one of our laboratories.
If outdoor education is your desire, you’ll find our location in the Green Mountains is the perfect location to hone your skills, master new techniques and develop as a leader. Field experiences and travel are key components of this program.
We count among our faculty leading experts in several fields, including exercise physiology, biofeedback as a tool for motivation, climate change, cell and molecular biology, Earth science, ecological toxicology, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), adventure leadership, and environmental and physical education.
Our programs are challenging and rewarding, providing the knowledge, skills and practical experience you need stand out in the job market after graduation or move into selective graduate programs.