Take Classes Online or in Your Community
If you have 60 or more college credits, JSC’s External Degree Program (EDP) may be right for you. EDP is Vermont’s most flexible and convenient bachelor’s-degree-completion program. With classes online and on weekends in communities throughout Vermont, personalized advising and the option to design your own degree program, EDP brings the best of Johnson State College to you. We apply your existing college credits to our degree programs so you get the most value from your prior learning, and we can even help you get credit for life experience.
We Meet You Where You Are
This transfer-friendly, community-based program is the perfect fit for people who need to juggle work and family responsibilities with their studies. You can take classes online or in communities throughout Vermont on weekends, and you can complete some courses in seven weeks or just two intensive weekends -– all for some of the lowest tuition you’ll find in Vermont.
- Wellness & Alternative Medicine (B.S.)
- Professional Studies (B.A., self-designed)
- Business (B.A., accounting or management concentration)
- Psychology (B.A.)
- Interdisciplinary Studies (B.A., self-designed)
- Childhood Education (B.A., with option for teaching license endorsement)
NOTE: Additional degree programs are available to students who can take classes at JSC in Johnson, Vermont.
We Keep Things Flexible
Mix it up and take a variety of course types. Options include:
- Online courses — 14- and 7-week sessions
- Weekend courses that meet 4 Saturdays or 4 Sundays during the semester
- Hybrid courses — part online, part in class
- Intensive courses — complete in just 2 full weekends!
- “Winterim” courses completed between the fall and spring semesters
Fall 2016 Class Dates & Times
|Course Type||Dates + Times|
|Online||Aug. 29- Dec. 11; No class Nov. 21 - 27|
|Accelerated Online Module 1||Aug. 29 - Oct. 17|
|Accelerated Online Module 2||Oct. 24 - Dec. 11|
|Hybrid||Aug. 29 - Dec. 11; No class Nov. 21 - 17
See individual course dates & times for ‘in-class’ meetings
|If class schedule is noted as below…||…you will attend class from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the specified location on these four dates:|
|Saturday A||Aug. 27, Sept. 24, Oct. 22, Nov. 19|
|Saturday B||Sept. 10, Oct. 8, Nov. 5, Dec. 3|
|Sunday X||Aug. 28, Sept. 25, Oct. 23, Nov. 20|
|Sunday Y||Sept. 11, Oct. 9, Nov. 6, Dec. 4|
|Weekend Intensive 1||Sat. & Sun. Sept. 3-4 and Oct. 1-2|
|Weekend Intensive 2||Sat. & Sun. Oct. 29-20 & Dec. 10-11|
|Winterim||Dec. 17-18, 2016 and Jan. 14-15, 2017. Please be aware that these December dates may conflict with final exams on campus.|