From our mission-driven commitment to student success, to our flexible, affordable, high-quality course offerings, JSC is a great option for students looking to earn their degree through a distance-learning program.
We Are Nationally Recognized and Mission Driven
- Johnson State College is a nationally recognized institution of higher education established in 1828.
- Johnson State College is recognized by COPLAC as Vermont’s Premier Public Liberal Arts College.
- We are accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools & Colleges.
- As a public, nonprofit college, we are driven by what best serves our students, not profits.
You Will Learn from the Best
- JSC Distance Learning courses provide students with one-on-one attention from seasoned faculty with professional, real-world experience.
- JSC programs are current and up to date, with regular review by industry leaders.
We Are Committed to Your Success
- From day one, we will give you the tools to succeed online!
- You’ll start your JSC Online experience with an online orientation to ensure you are prepared.
- You’ll also have support staff, advisors and a dedicated Online Research Librarian who are all just a phone call or email away.
We Give You a Personalized Education
- We offer six degree programs (including two self-designed options), enabling you to design a degree around your personal interests and goals.
- The Interdisciplinary Studies program will allow you to choose three areas of study and explore how each influences and enriches the others.
- If you have existing college credits, Professional Studies will allow you to design a program that applies those credits to a career-oriented field.
We Set the Online Standard
- JSC’s online courses are carefully designed to ensure the best and most engaging experience for learners.
- You will experience a welcoming, inclusive community of teachers and learners.
- Our enrollment cap of 22 students per course is designed to ensure that you receive personalized attention and have an outstanding learning experience.
We Are Affordable
- Whether you live in Vermont or miles away from our Green Mountain state, you’ll pay in-state rates for your online courses.
- JSC Online students living outside Vermont receive a scholarship that effectively lowers the tuition they pay to the in-state rate for online courses they take from Johnson State College. (This in-state rate does not apply to any face-to-face JSC courses or online courses from other Vermont State College institutions.)
Continuing your education with JSC is an easy choice - and a smart one, too! We’ll make sure you get the most value from your prior learning and we can even help you get credit for life experience, saving you time and money. Our dedicated online and transfer advisors help you navigate the process, connect you with any resources you need, and create a degree plan that meets your goals in the shortest possible time.
Convenient Flexible Course Delivery
You can access all our resources from your home or office 24/7. Plus, we have multiple start dates and rolling admissions so you can apply anytime and pick from 9 starting points every year! JSC provides our distance students with the choice of 7- and 14-week courses in fall, spring and summer. This means that students can finish a complete course in as few as 7 weeks!