The Career & Internship Center is here to help make sure you have the tools and the skills to seize every opportunity for career success. In addition to being open during regular office hours for one-on-one consultations throughout the year, the Career & Internship Center offers workshops, special events, Career Fair preparation and more to help you find the work that’s right for you.
Spring “Career Craziness” Events!
As seniors prepare to graduate, the Career & Internship Center moves into high gear. Here are some of the career-building events that take place each spring at JSC:
- Spring Career Fair: Students dress professionally and come with their resumes in hand to meet with dozens of potential employers at JSC’s SHAPE Center. Check out our guide to getting the most out of a career fair experience!
- Find a Job or Internship Workshop
- Dinner with the Boss: Soon-to-be graduates enjoy a free, three-course meal while networking with alums, gaining new skills, and setting new goals.
- Dress for Success Workshop: How should you dress for a job interview? When is “business casual” too casual? Students learn the finer points of dressing for success at this popular workshop.
- Internships 101: The nuts and bolts of how and why an internship can help you hit the ground running after graduation.
- Connecting through LinkedIn: Students learn how to put their best foot forward on their LinkedIn.com profile at this spring workshop.
- LinkedIn Photo Shoot: Free, professional head shots for students.
Contact Beth Walsh at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about how JSC can help prepare your for the career of your dreams!
What the JSC Career & Internship Center Can Do For You
We can help you learn more about:
- Networking and Informational Interviewing
- Building your Resume
- Writing your Cover Letter
- Preparing to Interview
- Dressing to Impress
- Negotiating a Salary
Ways to Help Yourself
- Make an appointment to talk to Beth or Ellen
- Come to Career Development drop-in hours
- Attend workshops throughout the year
- Use the Career Guide as you prepare for your future and make sure you’re ready for anything that comes your way!