At the Career & Internship Center, we encourage students to take an active role in their educational and career development. As a parent, you can support your student’s efforts by recommending that she or he:
- Get involved with activities on campus. Many students identify career interests and gain valuable experience through clubs, activities and volunteering.
- Take a variety of courses to explore interests, get to know faculty and staff and become familiar with JSC programs.
- Consider internships, part-time jobs and summer employment as ways to explore career interests and build a resume for the future.
- Ask for help! While graduation may seem a long way off, students should visit the Career & Internship Center during their first few weeks on campus for career exploration and advice on choosing a major, exploring internships and enhancing their education.
- Check out the Career Development Every Year page to find concrete actions your student can take to prepare for a successful career
As parents, you can keep up with what is happening in the Office of Career Development by: