JSC’s Transition Program, available to selected first-year students, provides the kind of individualized support and one-to-one connection that can make the difference between success and failure in the crucial first year of college. Studies have shown that students who make these connections early in their academic careers are more likely to stay in college, be satisfied with their experiences, and get better grades and graduate.
Transition Program Structure
The Transition Program is a structured, two-semester experience that includes:
- A pre-orientation activity that includes team-building with other students and the Academic Support Services staff;
- Frequent, regular advising meetings to monitor academic progress;
- Early feedback from instructors on your academic progress;
- Ready access to academic coaching and other support services; and
- Career development and exploration of academic majors.
For More Information
To learn more about the Transition Program and see if you qualify, call 802-635-1259 or stop by the Office of Academic Support Services in Dewey Hall.