The Office of Academic Support Services coordinates the TRIO program at JSC and provides a welcoming and encouraging “home base” for students adjusting to college life.
TRIO refers to a group of federal programs that support students who have overcome socio-economic hurdles to attend college. In order to receive TRIO services, you must have an academic need and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Be from a family where neither parent completed a four-year degree;
- Be from a family with low or modest income; or
- Have a documented disability.
As a TRIO student, you’ll receive support and guidance on all issues related to college life from Academic Support Services staff throughout your college career. You also may receive:
- Access to technology;
- Computerized career-development assessments;
- A supplemental grant if you are eligible for a Pell grant and have no more than 60 credits;
- Free tickets to selected cultural events on campus; and
- Priority access to advising, tutoring, counseling and disability services.
For more information about the TRIO program at JSC, call 802-635-1259 or stop by the Office of Academic Support in Dewey Hall.