The Health Center employs a nurse practitioner. A nurse practitioner (NP) is a registered nurse (RN) with advanced education and clinical training. Nurse Practitioners consult with physicians and other health care providers when needed.
Nurse Practitioners can:
- Perform physical exams
- Diagnose and treat acute illnesses and injuries
- Diagnose, treat and monitor chronic problems such as asthma
- Perform, order and interpret diagnostic tests
- Prescribe medications
- Provide immunizations and other preventive health care
- Provide health education and counseling
- Promote positive health behaviors
- Collaborate with other health care professionals
- Refer patients to other providers as necessary
Additionally, for your convenience, we have compiled these links to outside health information websites and pages. These links are for educational purposes only and should not be regarded as medical advice.
What About Men's Health?
The Healthy Women's Center
General Health Sites
American College Health Association (ACHA) Resource List