JSC Men's Rugby Club
JSC Rugby At A Glance
- The JSC Rugby Club was established in 1971
- The club has hosted the Robert Preston Memorial Rugby Tournament since 1977
- The club is currently part of the New England Rugby Football Union, whose mission is to manage, serve and promote rugby throughout the region
- The JSC Rugby Club is in the men's college division 4 northern conference
- In the 2009 regular season the JSC men's rugby club was ranked second in the Men's College Division four standings after Eastern Connecticut State University. They finished the regular season undefeated winning five conference games with zero losses leaving them the North Conference Champions of Division four. They scored 126 point versus only having 34 points scored against them. They were defeated by Worcester Polytechnic Institute 10-0 in the first round of division four playoffs.
- In the 2010 the JSC men's rugby club was undefeated again in the regular season. They scored 143 points versus only having 29 points scored against them.
- In Fall 2012, the men's club finished the regular season with only one loss. They scored 212 points, allowing only 93 and placed 9th out of 32 teams within their division.
Men's Rugby Coach: John Sweeney, John.Sweeney@jsc.edu
Rugby Club Advisor: Patrick Rogers, Patrick.Rogers@jsc.edu or 802-635-1417.