Information for Families of New StudentsWelcome to Johnson State College! We're excited to have your student to the JSC community. In addition to these web pages, we have also created a Parent Handbook, a printed resource that contains lots of useful information about helping your student navigate his or her first year at JSC.
Financial Aid & Billing
- Finalizing Payment: What, When and How
- About Student Health Insurance
- Payment Plans
- View & Pay your Bill
- Financial Aid Applications, Required Documents, Promissory Notes
- Student Employment & Work Study
FERPA, College Policies, Handbooks
- Authorized Bill Pay Users and Access to Records
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Student Handbook (pdf)
- College Catalog
Computing & Information Technology
- SUMMER ORIENTATION Friday, July 12 or Friday, July 26
- All new undergraduate students (excluding EDP) must register and attend one of these all-day, on-campus sessions. Students should register as soon as possible for this event. The form is available at www.jsc.edu/newstudents
- FINALIZE PAYMENT Friday, August 9
- Finalize payment with the JSC Business Office to avoid penalties and complications. More
- FALL ORIENTATION Friday, August 23 - Monday, August 26
- This weekend-long event helps new students (residential and commuters) a chance to connect with new friends, get settled, and find out about resources, support and more!
- FALL SEMESTER BEGINS Monday, August 26
- Have a great semester!
- ACCEPT OR WAIVE INSURANCE Friday, September 30, 2013
- Full-time students (12 or more credits) with their own health insurance must waive the VSC insurance option online by September 30, or they will be billed $2,133. This fee is not refundable once it is added to the bill.
- FAMILY WEEKEND September 20-22, 2013
- Check in with your student, relax and have fun on campus during one of the most beautiful times of year in Vermont. More information will be posted soon!