Information for Families of New StudentsWelcome to Johnson State College! We're excited to have your student to the JSC community. In addition to these web pages, we have also created a Parent Handbook, a printed resource that contains lots of useful information about helping your student navigate his or her first year at JSC.
Financial Aid & Billing
- Finalizing Payment: What, When and How
- About Student Health Insurance
- Payment Plans
- View & Pay your Bill
- Financial Aid Applications, Required Documents, Promissory Notes
- Student Employment & Work Study
FERPA, College Policies, Handbooks
- Authorized Bill Pay Users and Access to Records
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Student Handbook (pdf)
- College Catalog
- Parent Handbook (pdf)
- Take a Class!
Computing & Information Technology
- Summer Orientation Friday, July 11 or Friday, July 25
- Students must attend one of these summer, day-long orientation sessions. In addition to being informative and useful, students will also receive their common reading book and their fall class schedule. Students must log in to the MyJSC Portal to register for this event
- Finalize Payment For Fall 2014 Semester Friday, August 8
- Families must finalize payment of the fall tution bill by this date. More information is available here
- Fall Orientation August 22 - 25
- Orientation Weekend gives our newest community members a chance to settle in, get to know the campus and community better, and get any last-minute issues resolved. More info and schedules will be posted on the MyJSC Portal this summer.
- First Day of Classes Monday, August 25, 2014
- New JSC students are celebrated at our annual Opening Convocation event, which is followed by a Welcome Back barbecue on the Quad. More information about both will be posted on the MyJSC Portal
- Accept or Waive Health Insurance September 30, 2014
- Health insurance is mandatory for all full-time undergraduate and
graduate students not otherwise covered. In other words, students registered for 12 or more credits MUST either accept the college
insurance or certify existing coverage through the health insurance
link in Web Services (located on your MyJSC Portal home page under the
Students unable to certify that they have health insurance by September 30, 2104 are automatically enrolled in the student health insurance plan. No refunds are available after this date..