Welcome! The mission of Academic Advising at Johnson State College is to assist students in the identification of academic and life goals and the development of a meaningful educational plan to achieve those goals. Through active engagement in a collaborative process, students are encouraged to become self-directed and responsible life-long learners and decision makers.
Information for Campus-Based Undergraduates
Academic advising is a collaborative process between you and your advisor. Here at JSC, the goals of advising are to help you:
- Clarify your academic and life goals
- Develop a meaningful educational plan
- Select appropriate courses and other educational experiences
- Interpret and keep track of the fulfillment of institutional requirements
- Increase your awareness of co-curricular educational resources
- Enhance your decision-making skills
- Promote engagement in the educational community
Explore the links to the left and right to find out more about advising at JSC or contact the Advising & Career Center by phone at 802-635-1257 or by email.
Information for External Degree Program Students
The External Degree Program offers extensive and personalized advising for all participants. Learn more about EDP and how to get in touch with an advisor at a CCV site near you.
Information for Graduate Students
The Office of Graduate Studies at JSC can assist you with planning your graduate work. Learn more about graduate studies at JSC.