Change Your Advisor

Once you have selected a major, it is important for you to begin working with an advisor in your academic department. You may change your advisor at any point.

To change your current academic advisor...

  • Contact a faculty advisor in your department. Refer to the Faculty & Staff Directory for a list of full-time faculty and their contact information.
  • Download the Change Your Major/Change Your Advisor form (pdf format*), obtain your new advisor's signature and return the form to the Advising & Career Center. We'll notify your old advisor and arrange for your advising folder to be transferred to your new advisor.

Changing your major too?

Visit Change your Major for information about this process.


Call or email the Academic Advising staff in the Advising & Career Center at 802-635-1257 or JSCAdvising&

* You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this document. Click on the link to download Reader.

See Also