Using the Willey Library
A cornerstone of our academic community, the Willey Library provides a wealth of information resources and value-added services for faculty, students, and staff.
We take pride in our learning center, an attractive, well-equipped space designed for optimizing your reading and research activities.
At the Circulation and Information Desks, you will find our professional staff and student workers who are available to help you untangle the mysteries of navigating our print and online collections.
We encourage you to ask questions about how to locate materials, how to request items from other libraries or how to search our many reference databases.
- The Library is open 90 hours a week
- When we are closed, there are computers available in the 24-Hour Study
- Our hours of operation are extended before and during final exams week
- You can telephone the Circulation Desk at 802-635-1274 and select Option #1 for changes to the schedule
- You need to use your JSC ID to check out books or other materials at the Circulation Desk.
- If you want to renew materials before they are overdue and you can’t get to the Library, telephone our staff at the Circulation Desk or access your Library account online.
- Our VSC Library Catalog includes holdings for Johnson, Lyndon, Castleton, the Community Colleges and Vermont Tech libraries.
- If we do not own the material you need, you may request items online from the VSC libraries as well as from UVM, Middlebury, and other libraries throughout our state and the nation.
- You can search the Library’s subscription databases from off-campus by entering your MyJSC ID and password.
Get to know your reference librarians who:
Create pathfinders and guides that direct you to print and online resources tailored to a subject area
- Offer assistance as your “personal trainers” in the research process
- Present library instruction in your classes at faculty request
- Maintain the Library Web site and mount tutorials and checklists of information
- Want you to ask questions!