Olin Scott Fund Scholarship Endowment
This endowment was donated to the college by the Olin Scott Fund, Inc., to provide scholarship funds to assist young men from Vermont who are within their first two years of college in attaining an education. Mr. Scott lived in Bennington, Vermont. When he passed away there in 1920, he established a trust to provide these scholarships. His will contains this paragraph: Because of the fact that in my boyhood and youth I had to deprive myself of pleasure, and to struggle against adversity to obtain what education I received, in later years it has been my privilege and pleasure to assist worthy young men to obtain an education, trade, or profession and thus better equip them for upright and useful lives.
Olin Scott Fund Scholarships are awarded by the JSC Financial Aid Department to young men from Vermont who are in their first two years of college at JSC. Scholarships can go only to males.
- The student must have graduated from a Vermont high school.
"Student aid is restricted to Vermont boys and men. For the purpose of determining Vermont status, the legal residence of the person applying for aid is where he spent his senior year (July 1st to June 30th) in secondary school (12th grade). "
- The student must be a freshman or sophomore, and have no more than 60 hours of credit at the end of his scholarship year.
- Edwin Chamul, majoring in business management, Class of 2013, East Concord, VT.
- Victor Abass, majoring in business management, Class of 2001, Sudan.
- Justin Campbell, majoring in English, Class of 2012, Mississquoi, VT.
- Coty Dayton-Marsh, majoring in art, Class of 2012, Vergennes, VT.
- Tyler Hull, majoring in art, Class of 2012, Enosburg Falls, VT.
- Paul Ladd, majoring in history, Class of 2012, Enosburg Falls, VT.
- Andrew Ledbetter, majoring in English, Class of 2011, Northfield, VT.
- Zachariah Sutton, majoring in biology, Class of 2010, Hardwick, VT.
- Christopher Burleigh, majoring in education, Class of 2009, Alburg, VT.
- Aleer Chol, undecided major, Class of 2010, Winooski, VT.
- Jacob Clark-Yanni, majoring in mathematics, Class of 2009, West Fairlee, VT.