Johnson State College welcomes international students into its undergraduate and graduate programs.
Before being considered for admission to JSC, all international students must:
- Complete, sign and submit an Application for Undergraduate Admission or International Application for Graduate Admission with the required $40 application fee;
- Submit required academic credentials. These include academic records in the original languages as well as a certified English translation.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the English language by submitting an official TOEFL score report;
- Submit financial documentation equal to at least one year’s expenses along with the Certification of Finances section of the application;
- Submit one letter of recommendation (three letters of recommendation are required for students applying to a graduate program);
Submit one writing sample.
Students’ applications will not be evaluated until all of the above documentation is received by the Office of Admissions at the below mailing address:
Office of Admissions
Johnson State College
337 College Hill
Johnson, VT 05656
When the Office of Admissions receives your completed application and supporting documentation, you will be notified of our decision within three to four weeks.
If you are admitted to Johnson State College, a $300 deposit is required to guarantee your space for that academic year.
F-1 Student Visa Documentation
International applicants admitted to JSC, and who have provided the required financial certification and documentation, will receive an official letter of acceptance to JSC, Certificate of Eligibility (I-20), and the original copy of the Certification of Finances, from Johnson State College.
You will need these documents to apply to your U.S. embassy for an F-1 student visa.
For more information about obtaining a student visa, visit http://travel.state.gov/visa/
For other immigration-related topics, visit the US Citizenship and Immigration Services Web site at www.uscis.gov.