Academic Credentials for International Students

Applicants with foreign academic credentials must provide:


  • Academic records in the original language and a certified English translation
  • Official secondary school transcripts and an official leaving certificate or diploma
  • Results of secondary external examinations (such as the West African Exam Council General Certificate of Education), if applicable
  • Official transcripts of any university-level studies already completed
  • For Johnson State College to consider accepting transfer credits from foreign institutions, students must have their post-secondary academic transcripts evaluated by an official foreign credential evaluation service.
  • Students are responsible for paying for the credential evaluation and translation fees.


A list of credential evaluation services can be found at