Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a federally subsidized, need-based employment program. FWS is designed to provide financial assistance to students by compensating them for the work they perform.

In order for a student to receive work-study funds, he or she must:

  • Apply for financial aid
  • Be a full-time student
  • Be awarded a financial aid work-study award


Work study student

Students wishing to receive a work-study award should apply for financial aid by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (click on the link to access the online form). Work-study is part of a student’s financial aid package, and eligible students are awarded $1,500 ($750 per semester), which they have available to earn each semester. Work-study funds are paid directly to the student and can not be used towards a student's bill.