State Grant Programs

A student's home state may offer grant assistance with educational costs. Eligibility and requirements to participate in these programs vary from state to state. To begin to investigate this option, search the Department of Education’s database of State Higher Education Agencies.


Vermont students should visit the Vermont Student Assistance Corporation (VSAC) Web site: for more information on grants for state residents.