Graduate Student Loans
Federal loans for graduate study are available to students enrolled in graduate programs. The borrower's need will be determined by the Financial Aid Office, based on his or her FAFSA.
Direct Student Loan Eligibility Requirements and Loan Details
- Be enrolled at least half-time study in a graduate program.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Only unsubsidized loans are available for graduate borrowers.
- The maximum unsubsidized amount available for graduate borrowers is $20,500.
- The interestt rate is fixed at 6.8 %.
Graduate Direct PLUS Loans
- An additional federal loan resource for students in graduate study
- The borrower’s need is determined by the Financial Aid Office, based on cost of attendance
- Graduate students must first borrow their maximum subsidized and unsubsidized Direct Loans
- The interest rate is fixed at 7.9% and is based on credit approval Contact the Financial Aid Office if you need to borrow a Graduate Direct PLUS Loan
For more information, contact the JSC Office of Financial Aid at 802-635-1380 or JSC.Financialaid@jsc.edu.