Bachelor of Arts in Business Management
This degree is designed to provide our students with the skills, knowledge, and wisdom necessary to run their own business, be successful in an organization of their choosing, and be prepared for graduate study. The student's education in this major comes from both the classroom and real world experiences, including on-site internships in the field. Specifically, the degree focuses on planning, in reference to products and service; organizational structure; leadership, human resource management, marketing, and financial management.
Learning Outcomes for Business Management Majors
The faculty of the Business/Economics Department have identified five learning outcomes that should be developed and mastered by the time students graduate. Business management graduates will:
- Successfully apply classroom knowledge to real world experiences.
- Demonstrate industry-appropriate communication skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse groups in a team environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt themselves to a changing business environment while encouraging others to do so as well.
- Demonstrate the ability to amass, evaluate, and interpret complex information to make effective business decisions.
- Demonstrate the appropriate business norms and ethics, and mastery of the fundamental skills and knowledge required to successfully steward a business operation.