Take a Class!
Whether you're interested in staying current in your field or learning something about a topic that has always interested you, Continuing Education at Johnson State College has great options for you!
You may decide to take only one or two courses at JSC, but as a registered student, we want you to know that you have access to many on-campus resources. These resources include the library, Stearns Student Center, Dibden Center for the Arts, SHAPE, computer labs, the Advising & Career Center, the Registrar's Office, the Business Office, and faculty office hours. We've included some general information to consider as you decide what course you'll take:
- If you are taking a course on campus, you must have a parking permit. To obtain a permit, see Public Safety in Dewey Hall, Monday-Friday, from 8:30-4:30 p.m. There is a $50 permit fee.
- If you plan to use the SHAPE, library, or computer lab facilities, you'll need a JSC identification card, obtainable at Public Safety.
- To get your books at Summit Bookstore, see jsc.bkstr.com, call 802-635-2503, or visit the store on campus, in Dewey Hall, Monday-Friday, from 8:30-4:30 p.m.
- If you are hungry, JSC has a full-service dining facility or the Daily Grind café in the Stearns Student Center. If you are curious about meal plans or declining balances, call 802-635-1237.
- If you would like a tour of JSC, call the Admissions Office to set up an appointment at 802-635-1219, Monday-Friday, from 8:30-4:30 p.m.
- If you have advising questions regarding undergraduate-level courses, call the Advising & Career Center at 802-635-1257 from Monday-Fridays, 8 -4:30 p.m. For advising questions regarding graduate-level courses, call the Graduate Office at 802-635-1244, Monday-Fridays from 9-5 p.m.
Hopefully, we have covered many of the questions that you may have about taking a course at JSC. For more information about registering for Continuing Education classes, contact the JSC Registrar's Office at 802-635-1229 or by email at JSC.Registrar@jsc.edu.
Did You Know
Stay in SHAPE
Our 7,000-square-foot fitness center features a 25-yard indoor pool, 26-foot climbing wall and more.