Learning Outcomes for Music Majors
- Students will develop a broad range of knowledge in harmony; explore the content of melody; study several aspects of rhythm; learn how music develops from the perspective of form; and will combine the many resources of sound.
- Students will attain the skills necessary to communicate musical ideas in written form and to read music from various resources.
- Students will become familiar with the current available forms of music technology.
- Students will apply all elements of study to music performance, recording, composition/arranging, and internships.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of music as aural art.