Academic Support Services offers a special Transition Program for students who show potential for academic success but may be under-prepared academically and/or socially. The program includes the following components:
- A pre-orientation activity which includes team-building activities with the Academic Support Services staff;
- Regular advising meetings to monitor progress;
- Early feedback from instructors on students' progress;
- Ready access to tutoring and other support services;
- Career and academic major exploration and development.
The Transition Program provides each student with individualized support that can make the difference between success and failure in the crucial first year of college.