Johnson State College creates opportunities for the campus community to meet and interact with students from multicultural and international backgrounds. Committed to enhancing the diversity of its student body, the College promotes the enrollment of international students, as well as U.S. residents who are English Language Learners (ELLs), whose participation in college life help expand the JSC community's awareness of world and intercultural issues and events. In the past, students at JSC have come from many countries including Canada, Colombia, Jamaica, Korea, Mexico, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, Japan, Pakistan, France, Poland, Indonesia, Norway, Congo, Sudan, Romania, China, Gabon, Argentina, Somalia, and the Philippines.
JSC offers a wide range of support to English Language Learners to assist in a successful transition to the challenges of American college life and studies including:
- Orientation to campus and community life;
- Support for cultural and academic adjustment;
- Advice and assistance with career, immigration and visa matters;
- Advocacy to enhance campus awareness of multicultural perspectives;
- Academic support for international students' and English Language Learner's needs.