Bachelor of Arts in Outdoor Education
Learning Outcomes for Outdoor Education Majors
The B.A. in outdoor education program seeks to produce graduates who can demonstrate:
- Knowledge of the historical and philosophical foundations of the field, human development, learning theories, experiential education, natural history, and environmental issues;
- The ability to critically read, evaluate, and synthesize literature in the field of outdoor education and carry out an original research project;
- Pedagogical skills and practical experience organizing, teaching, and leading diverse populations through experiential, field-based learning opportunities;
- Knowledge of professional practices including program administration, program development, risk management, emergency procedures, and awareness of industry standards, current issues and trends;
- Knowledge and skills specific to outdoor adventure pursuits and/or environmental education.