Academic Forgiveness

Johnson State College recognizes that some academically able students for various reasons have poor previous academic records. A student who has been out of college for at least two (2) academic years may appeal to the Academic Dean at the end of the first semester of subsequent attendance in good standing (generally a 2.00, see Good Academic Standing policy within this catalog) at JSC to have a previous semester set aside.

Setting aside a previous semester is done by notation on the permanent JSC transcript, not by removing any previous course or grade. Grades of C and above, and the credits derived from those grades, will remain. Grade history will be removed from cumulative totals only, and grades cannot be ameliorated if they have already been included in calculations for awarding a degree.