Mission of the Vermont State Colleges System
For the benefit of Vermont, the Vermont State Colleges provide affordable, high quality, student-centered and accessible education, fully integrating professional, liberal, and career study. This integrated education, in conjunction with applied learning experiences, assures that graduates of VSC programs will:
- Demonstrate competence in communication, research and critical thinking.
- Practice creative problem-solving both individually and collaboratively.
- Be engaged, effective, and responsible citizens.
- Bring to the workplace appropriate skills and an appreciation of work quality and ethics.
- Embrace the necessity and joy of lifelong learning.
The Vermont State Colleges also offer numerous opportunities for others to engage in continuous learning to meet their specific goals.