Taking Courses as a Non-degree Student

Non-degree students are students who wish to take one or more undergraduate courses at JSC for college credit but who are not formally admitted as matriculated (degree-seeking) students. To be eligible to enroll in courses as a non-degree student, students must have a high school diploma or a GED. Students who wish to enroll as a non-degree student should request registration information from the Registrar. Non-degree students may enroll in all courses listed in the catalogue, if space is available. In most cases, non-degree students are ineligible for state, federal, or college-sponsored financial aid; however, they may be eligible for the VSAC non-degree grant. (Graduate courses are generally available only to students who have completed a 4-year degree.)