Applying for Need-Based Aid

To be considered for any type of need-based aid, including loans, students should file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Be sure to include Johnson State College's code number, 003688, on the FAFSA. A FAFSA or Renewal FAFSA must be submitted each year for continued consideration for assistance. Students need to apply for financial aid on-line by going to the FAFSA website: In addition to the FAFSA or Renewal FAFSA, students should also complete state grant applications. Vermont residents can apply for a Vermont state grant by completing the VSAC Grant Application on-line at Residents of other states should contact their higher education agency to inquire about state grant application procedures and deadlines.