Wellness & Alternative Medicine Degree
Johnson State College is among the nation's first accredited colleges to offer a science-based undergraduate degree program in wellness and alternative medicine (WAM). This major is ideal for students who wish to:
- Explore bold new horizons in health care.
- Understand the role of the mind-body connection in personal wellness and wellbeing.
- Examine how wellness plays a role in the development of sustainable communities.
- Learn about the science, theories and histories of Western (i.e., allopathic) and alternative and complementary health care therapies, including acupuncture, naturopathy, Ayurveda, chiropractic, homeopathy and Native American healing.
- Understand mind-body therapies, including meditation, yoga, massage, biofeedback and other stress-reduction techniques.
As a WAM major, you will explore the social, cultural, political and psychological dimensions of various systems of health care as you proceed with a rigorous undergraduate science program that emphasizes holistic models for health, wellness and healing.
Wellness & Alternative Medicine Degree Requirements